2.14.2010

St. Valentine's Day! *happy sigh*

I think Valentine's Day is the holiday people most love to hate.  Not me, though.  I love Valentine's Day.  I can't explain it.  I love the hearts all over the place, everything pink and red, and I like sending valentines to people  instead of Christmas cards.

Here's what I like best:  the fact that there's a day that's designed specifically to show your love to the people you love.  I like making Valentine's Day presents, and wrapping them in red tissue paper to be found on pillows in the morning.  Anything and everything that says "I love you, I appreciate you, even if I'm cranky some days and don't remember to show it... I do, I really do."

Yeah, yeah, it's an engineered holiday... but then, so many of our best holidays are.  Mothers' Day is made up too, but people don't bitch about that being artificial.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! LOVE, love, love Valentine's Day! Happy Heart Day to you!

    ReplyDelete