11.07.2010

*That* door there.

The family cleared out of here on Wednesday and the rest of the week has been far too quiet. Playing with Peep was the perfect balm to soothe the chafe of husband-nursing.* I loved her little “That door. That door. That door there.” followed by a serious finger grab of nearest willing adult and beeline for whichever door caught her fancy (we have several in our house, and each one leads to a new adventure... actually I think ‘that door there’ might become one of my regular metaphors). Once outside, she’s all chirpy and happy. Not that she’s unhappy inside, just that outside is always better. She’s a delight.

Spending time with Peep reminded me of Miss G at that age-- not because they’re similar (Peep is way less bossy, for one thing)-- but just the feeling of entering the world of a toddler, speaking their language, every moment so purposeful. There is no wasted time with kids that young; every minute is spent teaching them something new or learning something new from them.

No wonder I loved it so much.



*Pretty minor. He’s already out camping this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! I love this line especially: There is no wasted time with kids that young; every minute is spent teaching them something new or learning something new from them.

    Sums up exactly why I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete